Jobs at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa
Conference and Events Co-ordinator
Purpose of role:
To Increase revenue and maximise yield within the Conference & Banqueting segment of rooms, conferences, weddings, banqueting, room hire and food & beverage. To work with The Receiver and the Receiver’s agent (Tifco Hotel Group) and the Tifco Group Sales Team in promoting and marketing the hotel. To raise the profile of the hotel and to maintain existing business, develop new business resulting in increased sales.
Selling and co-ordinating Conferences, Weddings, Seminars, Exhibitions, Product Launches, Private Dinners/Lunches and other private functions from the initial booking stage to the end of the specific event; e.g. from sale to function sheet production to final billing. Proactively securing and managing corporate business and room nights.
- To plan and organise schedule of sales appointments to existing and new business customers within the conference marketing sections (Room nights and conferences) and assist with sales activities within the national Conference market and in other segments if necessary.
- To review the production with conference accounts on a quarterly & annual basis
- To ensure all company profiles & client histories are updated and maintained according to the market segments agreed by the hotel
- To achieve agreed face to face weekly sales calls targets and to achieve budgeted revenue, profitability and average room rates from the conference market segment, and assist in achieving budgeted revenue in corporate, food and beverage market.
- To plan and organise mail shots
- Implement and negotiate local corporate rates and corporate rate grid
- To ensure all guest queries are handled promptly and efficiently and to ensure an initial response is given within 2 hours of the enquiry
- To maximise on sales and referral leads
- Manufacture and issue contracts and quotations in a timely manner
- Chase and convert all C&E leads and potential business
- Research all potential and lost business
- Manage and negotiate C&E rates
- Generate function sheets and communicate to the hotel team appropriately
- Follow up post events with clients.
- To follow up all wedding leads that come into the hotel
- To generate wedding business through planning and hosting wedding fairs, attending wedding shows and proactively looking for wedding business.
- Manage wedding site inspections and show rounds and maximize conversion at all times.
- Complete monthly competitor analysis and stay ahead of the market place in terms of product and offering.
- Manage and maintain all wedding collateral
- Plan, manage and co-ordinate weddings from enquiry stage through to final billing.
If you feel you would be suitable for the position listed above, please apply online with a covering letter
and CV detailing your qualifications and experience and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org