Jobs at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa
Sales & Marketing Manager with Hotel Experience
Hotel Sales Manager
Johnstown House Hotel & Spal now wish to recruit an experienced Sales & Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Sales & Marketing Department to ensure that hotel revenue is maximized.
Reporting to the General Manager & Group Sales & Marketing Director and working alongside the Conference Sales Manager duties will include:
- To plan and organise weekly sales calls to both new and existing clients
- To ensure all sales queries are handled promptly and efficiently
- To be fully aware of our competitors and their rates
- To be fully aware of and promote the TIFCO Brand
- To assist in the implementation of the hotel's sales and marketing plan
- To compile sales reports
- To update all sales information
- To be aware and assist in the business activities of the hotel on a weekly basis
- To plan and attend showarounds, corporate evenings, fam trips etc
- To effectively communicate with hotel reservations, front office, events and accounts
- To assist in the production of sales and hotel brochures
- Ensure all administration work is completed
- To attend meetings as required
- Previous experience in a Sales Managers role in a 4 or 5* hotel. Experience in a hotel with large Conference and Banqueting facilities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the local corporate market would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be a car owner with a full clean drivers licence
Johnstown House Hotel & Spa now wish to recruit a Hotel Accountant:
To perform all tasks listed below to a highly professional standard. The tasks listed are detailed, yet not exhaustive:
- Review all ledger account reconciliation to include bank statements, assets, liabilities, and credit cards.
- Monitor coding of revenues, expenses and cash receipts
- Monitor of corrections/adjustments, cash overages & shortages
- To prepare month end Management Accounts to Balance sheet stage.
- To monitor and control Payroll costs in liaison with Department Heads.
- To prepare the monthly forecasts and cash flow statements as well yearly budgets and external audit.
- To perform daily audits of revenues, expenses and cash deposits.
- To provide daily sales reports and weekly payroll reports.
- To count and reconcile all cash & credit card payments on a daily basis.
- To be proficient in Excel, Word, Oracle.
- To administer any specific control or task which the General Manger, Group Financial Controller or Finance Director sets.
- To reflect and enhance the hotel’s Mission Statement and objectives in all activities.
- To ensure a high level of Customer and staff care at all times.
- To operate at all times to the standard laid down in the departmental “Game Plan”.
- To maximise all sales opportunities while on duty.
- To deal with all customer comments in accordance with the Hotel standard and to pass on all customer feedback to the General Manager.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all rules and regulations of the Hotel with specific regard to:
- Fire Procedures
- Health and safety at work
- To report all accidents.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request by Management.
If you feel you would be suitable for the position listed above, please apply online with a covering letter and CV detailing your qualifications and experience and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org